October 6th is World Communion Sunday and the Presbyterian Church (USA) has a “Persistent Dream of Peace.”
On that Sunday, the special offering for peacemaking and global witness supporting peace-building ministries of accompaniment, advocacy, and education will be received.
Your donation will help more people experience the freedom and dignity that Christ wants to everyone: 25% of the offering stays in our congregation to support peacemaking in our community; 25% will go to our mid-council and 50% supports the work for peace and reconciliation being done by Presbyterians around the globe.
Since 1940, World Communion Sunday is an ecumenical celebration, bringing churches together in Christian unity. The Peace & Global Witness Offering builds on the Presbyterian Commitment to Peacemaking established in 1980.
During this Season of Peace, the PCUSA invites all to reflect upon:
1) What does it mean to commit to Peace?
2) Making peace by addressing root causes of poverty
3) Making peace by disrupting systematic racism
4) Making peace by ending violence
5) Making peace by supporting refugees and migrants
6) Partaking in peace in worship and at table this World Communion Sunday and through the Peace & Global Witness Offering
Join us for this special communion service and our chance to join Presbyterians across the nation in supporting Peace!
“So he came and proclaimed peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near…” — Ephesians 2:14-17