Northminster is looking for:
Youth Music Director
posted: August 3, 2015
location: Evanston, Illinois
A part-time position estimated at 6-10 hours per week during the program year from August 15th through June 15th.
- Foster the spiritual development of our youth through music; understand that music is a key component of the Christian education of our youth.
- Plan, Recruit, Rehearse, and Lead youth in the following ensembles:
- Youth Bells, Grades 6-12
- Sunday School Choir, Grades 1-5
- Cherub Choir, Ages 3-5
- Work closely with the Christian Education Committee and Director of Music to select music for the youth music program and planning youth music participation in worship.
Schedule and Expectations
- Approx. Sunday Schedule
- 9:00 – 9:30 am, Youth Bells
- 9:50 – 10:10 am, Sunday School Choir
- 10:25 – 10:40 am, Cherub Choir
- Other times as necessary when youth participate in worship
- Participation in Worship Expectations
- Youth Bells, 6-8 times per program year
- Sunday School Choir, 8-10 times per program year
- Cherub Choir, 2-4 times per program year
- Christmas Eve Family Service
- Additional times as requested by the Director of Music and/or Pastor/Head of Staff.
- Meeting Expectations
- Monthly check in with Director of Music
- Christian Education Committee as requested
- Worship & Music Education Committee as requested
- Piano Fluency
- Excellent communication skills with children and adults
- Excitement for working with youth
Send application (see Process and Timeline to the right): email@example.com
$7500.00 Annual paid only during the months of the program year.
Accountable to the Director of Music and Pastor/Head of Staff
Applying Process and Timeline
Electronic application packets are preferred but not necessary.
- Resume listing musical training, youth music directing experience, and contact information
- After initial review, individuals will be contacted to for an in person interview
- Preference will be given to applications that are received by August 10th, 2015 but will continue to accept and review applications after that time
- Position begins Mid/Late-August
Send questions or application packets to Northminster Presbyterian Church Music Director, Dr. Christopher Owen
Dr. Christopher Owen
Youth Music Director Search
Northminster Presbyterian Church
2515 Central Park Avenue
Evanston, Ilinois 60201