Northminster has the following open position currently available:
Posted: May 30, 2018
The purpose of this position is to make sure facilities are always clean, well-maintained, safe and secure; that all systems are operating properly and in good repair; and that the facilities efficiently and smoothly support all church activities. Duties include day-to-day and long-term maintenance of the church’s physical plant and managing outside contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform all custodial needs based on facility use and consistent with maintenance schedule outlined by the Building & Grounds committee, as well as being proactive with any issues that arise during the workday. Maintain security and monitor the grounds on a frequent and regular basis.
- Attend Buldings & Grounds committee meetings on a monthly basis
- Manage appropriate inventory levels for supplies and spare parts
- Manage the purchase and use of supplies so as to operate within the available budget
- Perform general electrical maintenance; replace, repair and install outlets, switches, fixtures, bulbs, etc.
- Perform general plumbing maintenance on drinking fountains, bathroom, and kitchen fixtures
- Monitor heating ventilating, and air conditioning systems, checking proper operation of condensation and sump pumps, boilers etc Select proper chemicals and proper dilutions; clean & maintain air vents
- Perform other general equipment and facilities maintenance as required
- Oversee repairs and maintenance required by professional specialist or contractor to ensure proper execution of the work and proper billing afterward
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms; restock restroom paper and soap; Empty trash and clean receptacles daily
- Vacuum carpeting; spot clean and shampoo monthly
- Seal slate floors on a bi-annual basis
- Wet mop and dust floors on a weekly basis
- Buff and strip, clean and wax floors on bi annual basis
- Set-up tables and chairs and other items as needed for planned church activities, daily
- Wash walls and tables as needed; clean and straighten all classrooms daily
- Keep custodial workspace clean and storage closet organized and clean
- Clean sanctuary, balcony, hallways, offices and common areas twice weekly
- Execute monthly fire drills when nursery school is in session
- Self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision. Caring and purposeful person with the ability to work well with others
- Performs tasks related to a weekly, monthly and seasonal building maintenance schedule.
- Basic computer proficiency with email, Microsoft Office preferred
- Able or willing to learn building management and maintenance software
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff and Buildings & Grounds Committee members
- Proactive by alerting staff or B&G about potential safety issues, and by taking immediate corrective action whenever possible
- Able to establish best safety practices while performing or managing tasks
- Fluent in English
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Able to work 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Thursday, and 8 AM to 4 PM Saturdays
Application materials are available here.
Please email questions and application materials to email@example.com