Northminster has the following open position currently available:
Part Time (29 hours) Administrative Assistant
Posted: October 11, 2019
The purpose of this position is to ensure the efficient functioning of the church office through cooperative involvement with staff members, church office volunteers and church members and handle basic word processing responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as the first public face of Northminster, handling receptionist, secretarial, and church calendar coordination functions. The ideal candidate will be prepared to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Pastor/Head of Staff, Associate Pastor and other staff, as needed.
- Supervise the work of the office volunteers, developing and maintaining a cadre to assist with telephone, printing, duplicating, mailing, maintenance of records and any other appropriate tasks.
- Assure and enable access by members of the congregation to all programs and services of Northminster Presbyterian Church in a friendly and inviting manner.
- Answer accurately, friendly and courteously, and/or direct for responses, any phone calls and all office e-mails.
- Maintain the church calendar, in consultation with the church staff members.
- Comfortable dealing with people who are seeking food and other forms of support for the Church on a regular basis in collaboration with the pastoral staff.
- Produce and distribute, with assistance from staff and volunteers, the weekly bulletin and work with the Communications Coordinator on the weekly insert, weekly church email, and other projects as directed by the Pastor/Head of Staff.
- Produce mailings for the church as needed.
- In collaboration with Staff and Committees, produce the Annual Report and the annual Church Directory
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Pastor/Head of Staff.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office; mastery of Word and Excel.
- Self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Caring and purposeful person with the ability to work well and communicate effectively with all staff and members.
- Able to work 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday.
Salaried position commensurate with experience and ability and budget constraints. Northminster Presbyterian Church is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Communication Coordinator.”