Northminster is looking for:
posted: March 7, 2015
location: Evanston, Illinois
Purpose: To perform the financial affairs of the church, including bookkeeping and accounting procedures, payroll, accounts payable, deposit of receipts, maintenance and communication of pledge records, accounting for special gifts, stock conversions, maintaining accounting systems and procedures, producing financial statements, and reporting statistics.
Accountability: Accountable to the pastor as head of staff.
Relationships: Maintains a healthy working relationship with the Finance Committee, Stewardship Committee, Endowment Committee, Church Treasurer, and Office Administrator.
- Records and deposits receipts in a timely manner.
- Maintains members’ contribution files, handles members’ stock contributions, acknowledges members’ contributions in accordance with the guidelines of the tax codes, prepares quarterly and yearly members’ contribution statements, and provides monthly reports to the Stewardship Committee.
- Makes payments on time, allocating disbursements properly by funds and accounts. Does the accounting for the nursery school.
- Oversees payroll, including calculating employees’ pay rates and withholdings, and preparation of W-2s for employees and 1099s for independent contractors.
- Creates and maintains Chart of Accounts, maintains general ledger accounts, prepares cash flow statements and coordinates fund transferring.
- Participates as staff representative on the Finance Committee.
- Conducts bank reconciliation in a timely manner. Coordinates with Treasurer for review bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepares financial statements before monthly Finance Committee meeting and budget reports for all Session Committees, including developing and circulating monthly reports comparing actual numbers to budget and to prior year.
- Communicates with government agencies, Pension board, and financial institutions as required.
Skills required: Proficiency in bookkeeping, accounting procedures, Excel, and database software. Ability to learn ACS Technologies software (NPC accounting and membership software).
Hours: Estimated hours 8-10 weekly as an independent contractor, but may vary with the week and time of year. No employment relationship will exist, and duties (with the exception of periodic committee or staff meetings) may be performed remotely without assigned hours. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org